Monday, January 30, 2012

January Round-Up Rambles

Well my Spurs lost tonite in overtime........can you hear me grumbling???
Since it's rodeo time in San Antonio, they will be having a lot of away games.....I can't remember the last time I went to a game, as they have become out of my price range in my current economic atmosphere.... please insert a sad face here.
I haven't blogged in awhile, as I have been really busy.
I did finally get the Quilt for Baby Rose quilted, and bound. Now all is left is the monogram, and then washing it to bring out the quilty puckers....insert smiley face!
Also this Texas weather has my allergies, and sinuses acting up. Seems like I have had a head cold for the entire month....
I did make it out to my booth at the flea market on Sat. though. It wasn't the warmest day, and it was really windy. Even though I wore my hoodie and kept the top on, the wind made it to my ears. I woke up with a beginning of an ear ache, but that seemed to subside thank goodness.
Most of my furniture has been moved to the new apartment. I should be sorting stuff instead of blogging, but I needed to take a break from that. It's hard going through one's lifetime of possessions, and deciding what to keep, what to sell, donate, or just put in the garbage....but it MUST be done. I have listed some of my collectibles in my Etsy shop, as well as sewing , & crafting supplies. I might add that during the holiday shopping season, not even 1 sale did I make, but this month I had 4 sales....not making much sense to me, but I am glad I did have some activity there, no matter how small they were.
I am trying to pack up my sewing supplies, so I can move them, but before I do, I need to make a friendship block for Charlotte, who will be moving to Florida in just a few weeks. No, I am not liking the notion of my old friend moving....even though I know quite alot of folks, I only have a very small group of friends, and she is one of the later.....inserting a tearful face here!
The block is supposed to relate to myself, my likes, or something that just makes a statement about me. Hmmm....still thinking about this one.
Well since I didn't do a goodbye 2011 post, thought I might add an accomplishment that I made last year in my January Round-up Rambles: I went from smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day, down to 1 or less. No I am not really quitting per say, but trying to make it easier for myself if and when I decide to do so. And my oldest daughter, who is gonna be my roomate said that there will be NO Smoking in the new apt.... Also in 2011, I actually had a date.....it's been like 2+ years since that happened......
Not much else going on right now, so when I get that monogram put on the quilt, I'll post the picture here. Til next time, have a wonderful day.

No comments: